Rebecca Vallance as a brand of the Hot Springs business are proud members of Sedex, Australian Trusted Trader and Ethical Trading Initiative (ETI).
We recognise our role and responsibilities in protecting human rights across our supply chain through ethical and sustainable business engagement with our supply chain partners whilst incorporating a commitment to upholding the United Nations Guiding Principles on business and human rights (UNGPs) and the International Labour Organisation (ILO) core conventions.
Our membership of SEDEX; a global organisation dedicated to driving improvements in Ethical and Sustainably responsible sourcing business practices across all levels of supply chains supports our commitment to operate and manage a responsible sourcing program that provides workers with safe working environments that ensures their Human Rights whilst enabling protection of their rights to free speech and remediation of grievances in a working environment supported by ongoing improvement programs and initiatives.
Rebecca Vallance are fare committed to ensuring the well-being of all workers across our Supply Chain. We collaborate with our vendors to assist with and ensure compliance with appropriate National, Regional, and International laws whilst complying with regulations and conventions within the countries in which they operate (link to factory list) and we work together with recognised compliance audit programs to continually monitor any non-compliances and provide all necessary corrective action and improvement programs.
The ETI is a globally recognised foundation that strives to influence, train and support businesses to act responsibly and promote best practices in Ethical Trading whilst also improving Sustainability and Environmental Standards. They are aligned with respected NGOs including Oxfam which assists our business to build on our commitments to better understand the impacts that our sourcing programs has on the world around us.
As a foundation member of the ETI, Rebecca Vallance actively works with its supply chain partners to develop and improve business operations where workers are treated with dignity and respect and as our Ethical and Social Compliance journey continues to always conduct business operations to the requirements of the Ethical Trading Initiative (ETI) Base code as set out below as minimum requirements whilst also improving sustainability and environmental standards.
We have a total commitment to having our Supply Chain working with us and the ETI and SEDEX in achieving our goals reflected in the ETI Vision of ensuring workers the provision of decent work, ensuring protection for the vulnerable, access to rights, a living wage and dignity for all, free from exploitation and abuse whilst providing opportunity for personal growth.
For more information please refer to the following links:
ETI Base code:
1. Employment is freely chosen
2. Freedom of association
3. Working conditions are safe and hygienic
4. Child labour shall not be used
5. Living wages are paid
6. Working hours are not excessive
7. No discrimination is practiced
8. Regular employment is provided
9. No harsh or inhumane treatment is allowed
SUSTAINABILITY AND THE ENVIRONMENT
Rebecca Vallance are committed to ensuring that our products and sourcing programs are focused on reducing environmental impacts by uptake of initiatives and projects including:
- Incorporation of Sustainable Development Goals in line with the United Nations 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development
- Further uptake of Product Materials Sustainability programs including Certification to Global Recycled Standard GRS 4.0; Oeko-Tex 100 Certification of fabrics and materials; Global Organic Textiles Standard GOTS; Yarns certification to Organic Cotton Standard OCS 2.0; Regenerated Cellulose products comprising various Viscose Rayon and Bamboo Viscose with certification to Forest Stewardship Council Program FCS
- Review of our operations to better assess our present Carbon emissions performance and to initiate appropriate programs aimed at achieving a defined company Carbon Emissions Reduction commitment